progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing towards what will be



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

five days

the last five days of my life have been the most hectic days that i have ever known.

Friday i worked, Saturday i worked a double and saw the boyfriend. Sunday i worked and saw the boyfriend.

...notice all the space i left for sleeping...

I'm so dumb.

Monday i schlepped my ass all the way to 116 street (Manhattan) where i got lost on the train and cried a little bit. the 456 subway line is not my favorite. but, once i finally got where i was going, i took my food handler's licence test, and i didn't just pass it. i passed it a lot. 96%.

i am still collecting high fives for that.

Tuesday i worked all morning and by the time i got to school that night i was a destroyed sleep deprived mess. it was weird, i barely remember it.

scattered throughout my weekend i got offered a new part time job. the hours are really flexible so i can do it with my internship and school. some girls i work with started throwing parties for beauty control and they asked me to help. it's really good money and i think I'll show up to every party with a hostess gift, some cupcakes and a business card.

i have this sick idea of printing the words, 'ulterior motive' right across the top of the cake box, just in case it needed some clarifying.

a year ago the idea of baking things and then having people pay me for them terrified me. it was so far from what i wanted, but now i can't wait to start.

tomorrow shall be my first day off in a little over a month. i am so excited. nothing to do, time to clean, and update my resume, and do some homework that has been being neglected in the name of the health department's test, and don't tell him this, but perhaps I'll walk my dog. hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment